Thursday 5 May 2016

Pause: My story I wouldn't want to share

I went to labour ward Tuesday to give birth to my triplets but I had labour pains for nothing. The doctors later told me that I was not due. I had my mama kit with me. I knew all the names I was going to give my newborn and same color clothes.
9 months ago I went for pregnancy test and tested positive. This was after missing my periods and suspected to be pregnant. The test proved what I thought.
The first antenatal clinic was not good. The gynecologist wrote in the clinical notes that my womb couldn't carry the triplet after the ultrasound scan which had showed that I had them. He put it in writing that I had to pay for each kilogram my babies weigh. He told me if I didn't agree to his decision I had only one chance and was to appeal to the Hospital head which was not easy.
I almost gave up. I was later advised to consult the doctor who was seated next to this gynecologist. I did the same. In fact he is the one who taught the other gynecologist and his supervisor. After consultations he accepted me to carry my triplets. I was happy to have the first decision quashed.
When I went to check at where I had kept my triplets as the gynecologist had advised I found out that the prices for keeping my lovely babies already too high now. I came back frustrated. I asked my friend to help me negotiate with the Lady and have the prices reduced. He accepted and he suggested to me that we give the one an offer for carrying the triplets for that time. The offer was to name one of them the name of the woman who carried them for that period. Fortunately the lady accepted and reduced the prices which we paid.
When I got them I informed the father of my triplets and he was happy. He was happy to be father again. He was father before but the mother of the first kids disappeared with the children and gave them different names.
Two and half weeks back the doctor told me that I was going to give birth on 3rd May. I started preparing and informed the father to be of my children.
I checked in the hospital with labour pains. Unfortunately I found the room also full and was told that it was overbooked. The labour pain mysteriously stopped. The triplets settled in the womb and now waiting for the next labour pains. I hope the pains will not be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment